Write Handed Human Beings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEBRUARY'S Fun Prompt!

+3
Dean Winchester
awkward.pluto
Willcryptos
7 posters

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

FEBRUARY'S Fun Prompt! - Page 39 Empty Re: FEBRUARY'S Fun Prompt!

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:03 pm

((its fine))
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Writers Points : 53010

Back to top Go down

Post by The Guardian Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:04 pm

((Right. Actually, I have to do some chores if I want to go to the get-together tomorrow, so I'll get back on in a bit.))
The Guardian
The Guardian
Rule Admin

Writers Points : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:05 pm

((OK bye))
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Guardian Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:39 pm

I finally reached the hub, turning towards the hall of the Elders. I reached the large, arching glass doors, setting down on the ground and pushing through into the council room beyond. Several old, wrinkled people, who were very, very small and wearing small red robes that went well past their ankles hovered around a console in the center of the room. A couple looked up at me as I stepped across the light, glassy floor. "Officer Dae-Lee," a particularly wizened and small floating woman said, "Welcome back from your mission. I hope all went well?" I stopped and bowed slightly. "Indeed." "And I trust you're here for debreifing?" "Yes." "Good. Officer Whitticker is ready in conference room 204 whenever you want to begin." I smiled at the Elders and bowed again. "Sir," I called to the one who'd spoken to me. "yes, officer?" "There wasn't any particular reason you sent me on this mission, was there?" The Elder chuckled. "You are a Life Lantern, and you are a Green Lantern officer. you've been through so much, we decided to respond to a summons given by a very, very old source. The last of its kind, actually. It's time you were given a purpose in life besides obeying our every whim. I'm proud of you, Kenneth, and I have a gift for you as soon as your debreifing is complete." I nodded to the Elder and walked out the door and started for conference room 204. The Elders had responded to a summons from a nearly extinct ancient source. That had to be the tardis. And that meant they probably knew that as well as being needed in the battle with the Fear lanterns, I would meet Olivia, or someone like her. And what gift could they possibly give to me? There wasn't much I really needed, and I didn't really want anything I didn't need. There was one thing they could give me... I did need it. I needed it desperately. But they wouldn't do that. That would put me, their only White Lantern ambassador/officer mostly out of service. I finally reached the conference room, stepping in and greeting the man inside. Officer Whitticker was a good friend of mine; his species, like all but two or three, had DNA that matched human DNA in every aspect but one nearly dormant millionth. Whitticker's name was earthly enough, although it was uncommon on his planet. "What's up, Kuddoadhe?" "How's it going, man?" We didn't speak the same language, but our rings could accomadate. We sat down on the crisp white furniture and began the vocal segment of debreifing.
The Guardian
The Guardian
Rule Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:46 pm

I woke up a little later feeling a lot better, and not tired at all, and decided that I wanted to try making some new limbs for Edward that would be just like his old ones, so I tried combining a few personalities. Surprisingly it worked. So I tapped a charm, causing my tool belt to appear, I then quickly laid out a few tarps and some plastic wrap so that I didn't get anything dirty and got to work.
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Guardian Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:54 pm

"Alright," Kuddoadhe said, getting up in unison with me and taking my hand tightly. We pulled each other into a gruff embrace, patting each other on the back. "Catch you later, man." I waved as I walked out the door, then turned and took off, hovering quickly as possible through the halls back to my room. Olivia should have been awake by now... I touched down softly, walking through the door as it slid open. I found Olivia on the floor, working on several tarps, building something. "Hello. What exactly are you doing?"
The Guardian
The Guardian
Rule Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:56 pm

I shrugged and turned toward him my eyes swirling dark brown, purple, and grey ((Athena, Hephaestus, Hecate)) "building stuff."
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Guardian Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:01 pm

"Yeah, no kidding." Looking into her eyes was a bit unnerving, but it was oddly attractive the way the colors twirled like a pinwheel of sparkling liquid gems. "So... where did all of this come from?" I asked, pulling my ring off and sitting on the floor next to her.
The Guardian
The Guardian
Rule Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:02 pm

I smiled a little and pointed at my tool belt. "I've been stocking up for a while you never know what you might need."
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Guardian Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:05 pm

"Ah. Olympian magic, I assume?" the idea of it being in my own room was just a bit disconcerting, but I tried to hide my discomfort; I didn't do well at it as I sat shakily by her side.
The Guardian
The Guardian
Rule Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:08 pm

"yeah sorry, although I'm actually the one who enchanted that one..."
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Guardian Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:11 pm

"It's alright. I trust you enough; not that it could actually do anything to affect anything here." I started to put my arm around her waist, but drew back quickly, not wanting to make her uncomfortable. After all, we had almost just barely met.
The Guardian
The Guardian
Rule Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm

I blushed a little then saw my project start smoking, "shoot! please don't explode. please don't explode." I said while quickly grabbing a screw driver and fixing the problem.
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Guardian Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:20 pm

I chuckled inside as Olivia busied over her smoking device, trying to fix it. "You know, they have been educating me here at HQ; i know more about mechanics than anyone in the universe, besides a couple of engineers that work here. I could help you out."
The Guardian
The Guardian
Rule Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:22 pm

"Ok if you want to, but this is going to have magic involved in it," I warned him while still trying to fix it. Finally it stopped smoking and I sighed in relief that could have been bad.
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Guardian Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:33 pm

"What the Olympians use actually isn't magic; it's an advanced way of manipulating energy to effect matter. Basically, it's just using mechanics and scientific parlor tricks; they only know a millionth of what we do. But that's enough to make themselves look loike gods to humans; although God himself is infinitely more powerful than them. They can't create matter; God can. Lanterns can only create light, and we're the most knowledgeable people in the universe, besides God of course. Nobody comes close to knowing a billionth of what God does. And yes; we belive in God. It's the only viable explanation. The Olympians are a sad mockery of him, and the Light Lanterns all loathe them deeply. Some more than most. They've managed to genetically mutate themselves to have 'powers', and it's definitely nothing I can't handle. Anyway, sorry for ranting; what can i do to help?"

Last edited by awesomeguardian2000 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Guardian
The Guardian
Rule Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:37 pm

"Umm well I'm basically remaking Ed's original Arm and Leg so what ever you think will help I guess I'm not really sure."
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Guardian Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:40 pm

"Hmm... mind if I look at it?" ((I edited my post; the Olympians actually can't create matter at all. even in ancient Greek and Roman legends and myths.))
The Guardian
The Guardian
Rule Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:42 pm

"No not at all," I moved over to let him see and thought about what he had said, he was right of course, but I already knew that, that's why their abilities were so limited.
((ok))
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Guardian Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:57 pm

I looked over the limb she'd begun building. It was done pretty well... she did use a lot of 'magic' to put stuff together. "You know, Ed's automail actually uses alchemy... now that I think about it, the Olympians 'powers' ar kind of like genetic transmution circles." I'd seen Ed try and transmute my light; he'd clapped, probably focusing his will on changing it. Lanterns use a form of transmution as well, except we create the light then control it. It made sense that it was hard for Ed to transmute protons; he'd mentioned some sort of lightning. Alchemists probably used protons and electrons to manipulate those of an atom, allowing them to change the very element it was. Lanterns, however, instead of willing protons to change matter, focused on whatever was there, manipulating the light our rings created itself with our pure will. I could do transmution on elements, though there was more to do than just moving protons around. You had to focus on the atoms; the particles maing them up. It took an exeptional amount of strength of will or knowlege to do without transmutoin circles. I concentrated on a small wire, which had caused the smoking. there was a small flash and it changed from nobintube to copper.
The Guardian
The Guardian
Rule Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:58 pm

"How did you do that?"
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Guardian Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:01 pm

"It's kind of like Ed's alchemy, only using my pure will to change the atom; he probably uses electricity to mess with an atom's electricity, changing it that way. Not that you want the whole science lesson." ((Oh yeah, sorry for the actual science lesson; I get carried away...))
The Guardian
The Guardian
Rule Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:03 pm

((It's fine.))
"Oh cool. So the magic I used I obviously couldn't use it to make the limb, it will just allow it to grow with Ed so he doesn't have to keep getting replacements."
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Guardian Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:07 pm

"You could; it's actually one of Hephaestus' abilities. By the way, Hephaestus is actually a pretty good guy, hence why he got banished and nearly eaten alive by monsters. The myth is a bit inaccurate, by the way. Hera did beat on him while he was a baby, though."
The Guardian
The Guardian
Rule Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Chase Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:08 pm

"Why does that not surprise me... oh wait I know because Hera's a jerk." Que thunder, "Oh shut up!"
Annabeth Chase
Annabeth Chase
writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next